C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Thursday, April 25, 2013

What A Concept: Table Manners

Your Head Trucker had the pleasure of eating at the celebrated
Antoine's once in New Orleans, and highly recommends it.

This 1960 educational film is like an archaeological discovery, preserving a memory of the etiquette of fine dining long since swept away, in all but a few places, by fifty years of social changes. Some points will make my truckbuddies smile, no doubt. Mainly it just makes me hungry for some really good food, like that found on the menu. However it strikes you, enjoy.



3 comments:

June Butler said...

As of a few years ago, Antoine's was still a fine restaurant, and I'm sure it remains so today.

If I dip bread in gravy, I don't eat the bread with a fork. My father was a stickler for table manners, so we had no choice but to learn, and I was thankful later in life.

Tim said...

Well, the studly young Eddy could ask me out anytime!

What's going on under the apron at 1:20? LoL

Russ Manley said...

Mimi - You were brought up right. I'm glad to hear Antoine's is still in business - dining there was one of the loveliest things in my life. Right down to the flaming crepes suzettes lit at the table, for which they momentarily dimmed the lights of the entire room!

Tim - You see how you are? Grin.

Related Posts with Thumbnails