C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Processing the Whirlwind



The Supreme Court hasn't made any decision on the issue yet - and there's no absolute guarantee that they will rule in our favor - but lots of people think a turning point has been reached on gay marriage in America. Ten U. S. Senators, including two Republicans, have recently come out in favor of marriage equality, bringing the total of Senators favoring repeal of DOMA to 50.

And a slew of conservative commentators in the last few weeks, including even the vile Rush Limbaugh, have said It's over, gay marriage is inevitable, let's move on to another issue. That's just pretty damn amazing to your Head Trucker.

Andrew Sullivan, who has not yet turned 50 years old, reacts to the dizzying changes in the swiftly shifting landscape of social acceptance for gays:



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails