C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Monday, April 8, 2013

Tired Old Queen at the Movies: Stagecoach


Steve Hayes reviews the 1939 western, highly worth watching:
The action is fast and furious as John Wayne takes us on a bumpy journey across Monument Valley in John Ford's legendary western classic, STAGECOACH. This is the film that became the blueprint for every western since. Shot on location, the film made a star out of Wayne and supplied excellent supporting roles for Claire Trevor, John Carradine, Andy Devine, Donald Meek, and in an Oscar-winning turn, Thomas Mitchell as a drunken doctor forced to deliver a baby under less than ideal conditions. Gun fights, dust storms, desert heat, and attacking Indians all do their best to keep the stage from getting through. Will they make it? Hitch a ride and find out!





No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails