C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Thursday, August 5, 2010

Videos on the Prop 8 Ruling

There's a lot of 'em to be found if you google around; here's a few I found most worthy of sharing.







I have to include Rob Tisinai's parody from a few weeks ago, very apropos:



Also, Andrew Sullivan once again quotes Hannah Arendt:
The right to marry whoever one wishes is an elementary human right compared to which "the right to attend an integrated school, the right to sit where one pleases on a bus, the right to go into any hotel or recreation area or place of amusement, regardless of one’s skin or color or race" are minor indeed.

Even political rights, like the right to vote, and nearly all other rights enumerated in the Constitution, are secondary to the inalienable human rights to "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness" proclaimed in the Declaration of Independence; and to this category the right to home and marriage unquestionably belongs.

2 comments:

Doorman-Priest said...

I love Ms. Maddow and the spoof advert was priceless.

Unpacked like this it amazes me how Prop 8 ever got passed in the first place. The fact that these dreadful people have been shown to be charlatans is music to my ears.

Why do so few people know the provisions of the constitution?

BTW: I went to Leeds Gay pride as an "official" Christian. Its up on my blog if you're interested.

Frank said...

Peter really puts it in a great perspective!

Related Posts with Thumbnails