C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Thursday, August 5, 2010

"The President Does Oppose Same-Sex Marriage"

You fellas seem to get a kick out of some our old Southern songs that I post here from time to time.  Well here's another one for you, familiar to me from the earliest days of my childhood in our segregated society, with updated lyrics:  jump to the 1:35 mark for this statement from Obama's right-hand man:



In other words:  yeah, I think those people should have equal rights.  But I don't want one of them marrying my brother.  Or my sister.

Shit.

Fox News, of all places, has a compilation of Obama's statements on same-sex marriage here, if you're interested.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails