C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Friday, August 13, 2010

Love Wins in the End


From the Carroll County, Illinois, Prairie Advocate, amid announcements of births, anniversaries, and military assignments - all the typical small-town stuff:
Donald Fair and Warren “Butch” Dollinger were united in marriage on July 23, 2010 at the chapel in the VA Hospital in Iowa City, IA. The ceremony was performed by Pastor John McKinstry of the First Christian Church of Coralville, IA. A World War II veteran stood up for the couple. The couple are both Navy veterans of the Vietnam War. The couple are surrounded and supported by family and friends. They have been together 40 years and wanted to honor their love for each other by pledging to be “together till death do they part.”

The couple are proud to be gay and happy to be able to marry and consolidate their love for each other.
Well my stars, the times really are a-changing.  I hope I live to see this kind of notice in our small-town Texas papers, too.  Congrats and all good wishes to the newlyweds.


Honk to Andrew Sullivan.

2 comments:

Vic Mansfield said...

Will wonders never cease! I hope such as this for all of us, for all of our small towns, for everyone.

Doorman-Priest said...

A quiet and lovely story.

Related Posts with Thumbnails