C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Friday, November 7, 2008

Change has come to America

. . . . as shown by this statement on the employment application page at the Obama-Biden transition team's new web site, Change.gov:

The Obama-Biden Transition Project does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or any other basis of discrimination prohibited by law.

(Honk to Pam's House Blend)

It's worth noting here that Bill Clinton signed Executive Order 13087, which prohibited discrimination based on sexual orientation in the federal civilian workforce. However, under Bush, the Office of Special Counsel in the Justice Department refused to enforce this policy, and even purged some gay staffers.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails