C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Thursday, November 6, 2008

Bush Congratulates Obama

Bush pledges "my complete cooperation" to Senator Obama . . . whose election is "a dream fulfilled - we move forward as one nation":


Nothing in his presidency became him like the leaving it--Macbeth, Act I, Scene IV (with apologies to Shakespeare).

I did not expect to ever say this, but for the first time in seven years I am proud of Mr. Bush: his remarks are those of a gentleman and a patriot.

As were those of Mr. McCain, whose gracious concession speech the other night was perfection: calm, respectful, and conciliatory.

Neither man expressed the slightest qualm about the ascension of the first African-American president; nor the slightest fear about the safety and welfare of the nation.

Instead, both looked forward to a bright and happy future for this republic under Mr. Obama's leadership.

I am SO PROUD of my country. We all belong now. Let freedom ring. God bless America!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails