C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Victory Night Toast

Last night, my roommate and I shared the tears, smiles, and laughter of our country's momentous election: the victory of the bright and hopeful future over a dark and dismal past.

As we raised our glasses in celebration, he made an impromptu toast, so simple, so eloquent, so fitting on that night of change. Time and the effects of a bottle of champagne do not allow me now to quote it verbatim; but here is the gist of it:

To all the people who ever felt not good enough - not wanted - not needed - not welcome. To all the ugly ducklings of the world who did not fit in and never thought they would - we raise our glasses now.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails