C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Monday, January 2, 2012

Occupy Christianity?

From the Baptismal Covenant in the Book of Common Prayer:

Celebrant:  Will you proclaim by word and example the Good
News of God in Christ?
People:  I will, with God’s help.

Celebrant:  Will you seek and serve Christ in all persons, loving
your neighbor as yourself?
People:  I will, with God’s help.

Celebrant:  Will you strive for justice and peace among all
people, and respect the dignity of every human
being?
People:  I will, with God’s help.




Honk to Wounded Bird

2 comments:

Frank said...

I've wondered why the voice of the church has been so silent when it comes to speaking on behalf of the 99% - they've had a clear directive from JC on that.

Russ Manley said...

They most certainly have.

Of course, I can understand some hesitation in identifying oneself with a movement whose ultimate development and goals are yet rather vague.

I also have been around long enough to understand that most churches of any size are ultimately dependent on the wealthy and usually conservative members who provide the most contributions.

Nevertheless - as you say, the Founder gave very clear guidance on this topic, no mistake about it. And He wasn't afraid to speak out, was he?

Related Posts with Thumbnails