C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Tuesday, January 10, 2012

The Judy Tapes

From Judy's legendary concert at Carnegie Hall in 1961

Just came across this poignant 20/20 report from a couple years back on the incomparable Judy Garland and thought I'd share it with you guys. It features selections from never-before-heard audio tapes Judy made when she was trying to write an autobiography; sadly, she never finished the book. But her glorious legacy goes on and on.







As a follow-up, here's the first segment of A Tale of Two Sisters, with Liza Minelli and Lorna Luft, which aired in Britain in 2004 (you can follow the YouTube links to watch all four parts):




And just for fun, here's Judy with Fred Astaire in their glory days, from the 1948 film Easter Parade. Of course, these two masters of song and dance make it all look effortless . . . but if you think it's easy, grab a partner and just try keeping in perfect step and rhythm:

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails