C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Tired Old Queen at the Movies: Key Largo


Steve Hayes reviews the 1948 classic:
In Maxwell Anderson's hit stage play, KEY LARGO, John Huston directs an all-star cast headed by Humphrey Bogart and Edward G. Robinson in a dark film noir set in the Florida Keys during a hurricane. Rounding out the cast are Lauren Bacall in her last film with Bogie, Lionel Barrymore, Thomas Gomez, and Claire Trevor in an Oscar-winning role as Robinson's drunken moll. Shot in beautiful black & white with an atmospheric score by veteran Max Steiner and under Huston's typical fast paced and crisp direction, it's a suspense-filled drama that's not to be missed.




Catch more fabulous movie reviews at Steve's YouTube channel.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails