C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Sunday, February 7, 2010

Lovelight: I Will Always Love You

Whatever else may happen in my life, this I can say:  I loved, and I was loved.

This is my testimony to the world:  the story of a life together.

Two men and a little fuzzy dog, no better than they ought to be, in a tiny Texas town far out on the prairie, far from the madding crowd.  Wanting nothing more than to be left alone, to live out their lives together in peace and happiness just like everybody else.

A small house, a small town, a small, obscure life.  Nothing the world noticed, or cared to know about.   Nothing that anyone will remember a hundred years from now. 

But it was ours, and this is our story.

A love that will never grow old.


11 comments:

Doorman-Priest said...

Very moving Russ. Thinking of you.

Ray's Cowboy said...

Russ this is very moving. Hope you are doing ok. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Hugs
Ray

Sebastian said...

There are no words that are adequate. God bless and take care of yourself, friend.

Mareczku said...

Thank you for sharing, Russ. I am very touched by this. God bless you always and keep you in His care.

Gary said...

Very nice montage, Russ. It shows in a very personal way how precious your life with Cody was; I know you still miss him a lot.

Anniversaries of traumatic events in our lives are sometimes difficult. Creating work like your montage here can be quite cathartic. This helps one to understand things on a deeper level, and to acknowledge things as they were and as they are now. Nice work!

You are a brave man for baring your soul and putting this out into the blogosphere for all to see. Thanks for showing me this part of your world.

Take care.

Russ Manley said...

Jack, Ray, Sebastian, Mark, Gary - thanks guys. Appreciate you.

Stan said...

I can relate to this post too Russ. I know how you feel Bud.

Russ Manley said...

Hugs to ya Stan.

dave said...

Beautiful.

Frank said...

....Reminding us that life is short and we must always appreciate each moment we have with our loved one. It is obvious that your love was real and abiding - definitely no "moral disorder".

Russ Manley said...

Thanks, Dave.

And thank you Frank. I've been waiting a long, long time to hear someone finally put that into words.

Related Posts with Thumbnails