C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Hypocrisy Check

Sullivan, as is his wont, celebrates the news that more Boomers - now senior citizens - are using marijuana to ease the aches and pains of old age.  He also quotes approvingly this line from Bill Maher:
"I want to live in a country where being stoned is a good thing, not a bad thing."
Now let me see if I get this straight:  No adult gathering, large or small, is complete without plenty of beer.  Wine sales are enormous.  Hard liquor is advertised on television now.  And more and more grayhaired grannies and grandpas are toking up without the slightest tinge of conscience.

But you look down your nose at me for lighting up a Marlboro as I've been doing every single day for nearly forty years.

What's fucking wrong with this picture?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails