C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Today's Quote



Admiral Mike Mullen, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, testifying before the Senate Armed Services Committee today:
Speaking for myself and myself only, it is my personal and professional belief that allowing homosexuals to serve openly would be the right thing to do.  No matter how I look at the issue, I cannot escape being troubled by the fact that we have in place a policy which forces young men and women to lie about who they are in order to defend their fellow citizens. . . .  I have served with homosexuals since 1968.  Everybody in the military has.
And then on Twitter (yeah, Twitter):
Stand by what I said:  Allowing homosexuals to serve openly is the right thing to do.  Comes down to integrity.
Pretty amazing, and a powerful testimony.  Admiral Mullen is the first sitting JCS chairman - the nation's top military officer - to support repeal of DADT.  His predecessors, Powell and Shalikashvilli, have done so after retiring from the job.

Below, a 60 Minutes report on DADT from December 2007.  Good stuff.





Update:  from Daily Kos, McCain shows what a bullshit guy he is:

3 comments:

dave said...

Fuck McCain - he's shown what a pathetic weasel he truly is. To think I considered voting for him until the idiot went on the ticket.

Russ Manley said...

Sullivan called him a "hollow man" the other day. Very apt description, I think.

dave said...

It's actually very sad.

Related Posts with Thumbnails