C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Thursday, April 30, 2009

WTF: Obama Reneges on Gay Rights?


Obama, the reneger? I know he's got a lot on his plate right now, but what the hell goes on here? This just in from Joe.My.God.:

Within five minutes of Obama's swearing-in, a heavily detailed list of eight promises to us were posted: repeal DADT, support ENDA, expand adoption rights, etc. There's no mention of DADT or adoption rights or HIV prevention anymore, here's the two sentences that remain:

President Obama also continues to support the Employment Non-Discrimination Act and believes that our anti-discrimination employment laws should be expanded to include sexual orientation and gender identity. He supports full civil unions and federal rights for LGBT couples and opposes a constitutional ban on same-sex marriage.Compare what's there now with what was there on Inauguration Day.


You can call or write the President - "committed to creating the most open and accessible administration in American history" - at the White House website.

Just remember, boys - nobody, but nobody , is gonna hand you equality, free and easy. It's the squeaky wheel that gets the grease, every time.

And God knows your Republican and Christianist neighbors are squeaking and squealing like pigs, night and day. Let's not be out-squeaked and shuffled off to the back of the bus here: uhn-uh, those days are long gone, baby.

Change has come to America - so grab hold of it and don't let go for a minute.


P.S. - Let's hope this was just an oversight by some silly aide - like that AF1 flyby scare in New York a few days ago. Obama I have a lot of faith in; his aides, not so much.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails