C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Friday, March 25, 2022

Pride of Ukraine

A month of war in Ukraine, who knows when it will end?  I've not blogged much this week because I've about reached my emotional limit - one can only stand to watch so much horror before one has to look away.  I haven't stopped caring and praying for those poor people over there, but I'll leave the news reporting to the folks who are paid to do it.

Gay rights in Ukraine are far behind those in the West.  I recently came across this documentary about the Ukrainian gay pride movement in 2012-2014; as such, it's an unfinished story.  It's partly in English and partly in Ukrainian with English subtitles, and has some over-long interviews that I right-arrowed through, but it gives an interesting look into Ukrainian society at that time.  See what you think.


---------------

Some reports on the general situation in Ukraine at this point:

 

-----

2 comments:

Davis said...

They need our prayers.

Russ Manley said...

Yes, and more besides.

Related Posts with Thumbnails