C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Friday, March 18, 2022

Donations for Ukraine

Ukrainian refugees, from The Times (London).
Click to enlarge.

Your Head Trucker's finances are tight and getting tighter now that the price of food, energy, and just about everything is skyrocketing up.  I have determined, though, to send my pittance to help somebody in Ukraine or refugees therefrom - but how to get the money into the right hands, and not wasted or misdirected?  I have spent all week pondering this question - many organizations are canvassing for relief funds, but can you trust them to do the right thing with the money?

I've finally resolved the question for myself by consulting this link to top-rated Ukrainian relief charities over on Charity Navigator, a free rating service that has been around for many years.  They give a long list of charities to choose from, and by clicking on their names you can see how much of your contribution actually goes to helping those in need.

I've made my choice from the list and sent my donation off.  I make no recommendations, but post this link for any others who may find it helpful.

God save Ukraine is my frequent prayer these days.  God save us all.

-----

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails