C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Thursday, March 17, 2022

Zelensky Addresses Congress

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky addressed the U. S. Congress by video link yesterday in a moving speech, the first part in Ukrainian with English translation, followed by images of the destruction and suffering in Ukraine, and the final part in English.  Senators and representatives gathered in an auditorium in the Capitol complex to watch and hear the speech, which they applauded with a standing ovation before and after.


Full text here.

---------------

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I've told you before about the book and movie, "The Book Thief" which so aptly shows what Hitler was doing and did to bring about the rise of the nazis and the support for his evil ambitions. What I see here I feel is another Evil man who must have taken Hitler as a hero and studied him, so as to exactly emulate him and accomplish the same end. This clip of him is so horrifyingly, and completely mirroring Hitler's own tactics and exact wording, it has to be taken from the playbook. What kind of person seeks to be or do what such an Evil figure did. This is not a man that has strayed from decency, but one who has ALWAYS been the malignant sociopath we are witnessing, it's frightening. I almost have to say I'm thankful you countered it with A. Swartzenager's brilliant and truly GOOD message afterward, so I can at least move through the rest of my day with out continuus unrest in my soul. And its some bit of comfort for us to see that the Good does exist in the face of the evil. My prayers are based on my faith and hope that the universe abhors evil as much as a vacuum, for what is evil but a vacuum of the goodness many call Divine. I have to keep faith and hope for that is the only power I have, my prayers and meditation.

Russ Manley said...

I agree with all you said. Yes, the contrast is stark - as between night and day, good and evil. I never thought much of Arnold, but his January 6 post and this one show the goodness in his heart.

Related Posts with Thumbnails