C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Thursday, March 3, 2022

Meet Dick and Prick

Welcome to Texas. Allow me to introduce two of the most prominent members of our state government:
     
Greg Abbott 2015
Governor DICK

Ken Paxton by Gage Skidmore
Attorney General PRICK
 
These cruel, arrogant bigots with a long history of anti-gay activity are now persecuting transgender kids and their parents in Texas, threatening them with jail and fines for "child abuse" for supporting their child's medically supervised gender reassignment.  Read all about it in this post over at Holy Bullies and Headless Monsters:


A state district judge placed a temporary hold on the investigation of one family yesterday, which Prick is trying to get overturned.  Read more at the Texas Tribune, a non-profit investigative website:


Students at one state unversity held a protest of the anti-trans order today; I hope there will be more protests against this unconscionable and unconstitutional invasion of privacy statewide.  I can't believe any higher-level court, state or federal, will let it stand.  As I understand it, this persecution is not even based on a state law, just Prick's legal opinion, which is not legally binding.  I'd like to tell him where to stuff it.

-----

3 comments:

Frank said...

I agree with the ACLU attorney that "this should never have happened and is unfathomably cruel” and even if they win the lawsuit and overturn the draconian laws/directives the damage it has caused will leave lasting scars. It is disgusting that these bigots have turned their weapons on transgender youth and their families...thinking perhaps that they are easy targets and more "sensational" than we mere gays and lesbians. Their obsession with the sexuality of youth is sick. The fact that they think this is somehow their business as government officials, and that the majority of citizens would support this cruelty is truly pathetic. Do you get a sense of my anger and indignation? And the beat goes on....

Frank said...

Also, high school students across Florida held a walkout to protest the "Don't say gay" bill pending in the Florida legislature. Good for them. Glad to see young people standing up against tyranny.

Russ Manley said...

Your anger and indignation come through loud and clear, Frank, and rightly so. And of course the gays and lesbians are still on the menu - some states are still trying to pass anti-gay laws, like Florida and its fascist thug governor. I thought once we got marriage equality, that was the happy ending to all our struggles, and there would be a golden fade-out with swelling music, like in the movies.

But no, the assholes are still alive and kicking, so we still have to man the watchtowers and battlements. But at least we are much further ahead than we used to be, with many more friends and allies than we used to have. And the beat goes on . . .

Related Posts with Thumbnails