C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Saturday, March 5, 2022

Being Gay in Ukraine

Pride march in Kyiv, June 2019.  Click to enlarge.

It just occurred to me to look into this subject.  Here are few videos, and I may add more as I find them.

1. From the Voice of America, posted February 12, 2021 - two weeks before Russia invaded:

 

 2. Yuri, a gay Ukrainian man, talks about life as a gay man in Ukraine - posted in July 2016:

 

3.  In January 2019, the BBC reported on this gay Ukrainian army veteran:



 4. Two Ukrainian young men got married in Denmark - posted in June 2019:

 

News articles:
  • The journal Foreign Policy reported on February 18, 2022, that U. S. intelligence has said that Russia has drawn up detailed target lists of Ukrainians to be arrested or killed, including journalists, religious and ethnic minorities, and LGBTQI+ people.
  • And for the record, your Head Trucker posted this photo of a vicious attack on the leader of Kiev Pride in 2012:

-----

2 comments:

Davis said...

My heart breaks

Russ Manley said...

Mine too. Everyone is concerned - rightly - about the evacuation of mothers and children, and of foreign students, and diplomats - but we know our gay brothers and sisters are also in grave danger from Putin's killers. God protect them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails