C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Sunday, March 20, 2022

The Parable of the Good Samaritan

Jordaens Podhorce
The Good Samaritan by Jacob Jordaens, circa 1616.
Click to enlarge.

The Parable of the Good Samaritan has been on my mind lately.  I offer it here as a text for today, and this Compline prayer with special intention for the people of Ukraine:
Keep watch, dear Lord, with those who work, or watch, or weep this night, and give your angels charge over those who sleep. Tend the sick, Lord Christ; give rest to the weary, bless the dying, soothe the suffering, pity the afflicted, shield the joyous; and all for your love's sake. Amen.

-----

2 comments:

Frank said...

So sorry, I don't have much time to read your posts...much going on in our personal lives here. Life goes on no matter where.

Russ Manley said...

Understand, no problem. Yes, life goes on - we've had stuff happening here too. And I can't keep focused on Ukraine every day, it's too intense, heartbreaking. Mainly I'm just writing for the record, and to feel like I'm doing something to help. Wish I could do more.

Related Posts with Thumbnails