C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Saturday, September 6, 2008

Sunday thought: "God is weeping . . . "

Link to BBC News video: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7602535.stm

Bishop Tutu, former Anglican Archbishop of Cape Town, South Africa, Nobel Peace Prize winner and a leader in the struggle to end apartheid, says he's "ashamed" to be associated with religious leaders who are "persecuting the persecuted" . . . i.e., the gays. "I can't imagine anyone in his right mind choosing a way of life that would expose him to so much hatred."

Basically, Tutu is telling the Church to get over it and stop "obsessing" over homosexuality. And get on with feeding the hungry, healing the sick, helping the poor. You know--the original plan; wasn't that it?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails