C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Monday, September 15, 2008

Beaming up congratulations

Peering into the little 5-inch screen of my Sony black & white TV forty years ago, enthralled with each new Star Trek episode, I never could have imagined a new life, new civilization where Mr. Sulu would boldly go down the aisle with another man. With Chekov as best man, and Uhura as best lady. Who'd a-thought?

OMG, just the very idea would have been considered science fiction in 1967. Of course, I didn't know at the time that George Takei was gay. Hell, I didn't know I was gay, then!

But I have lived to see this day, and what a wonderful day it is. In the blue states, anyway, if not here. But who knows, maybe Texas will join the Federation one day and get up to warp speed on liberty and justice for all.

In the meantime, sending a sub-space message out to George and hubby Brad Altman: Live long and prosper, y'all!

The procession to the reception after their wedding yesterday, Sept. 14:



George and Brad discuss their wedding (Caution: set phasers on stun for the bubble-headed interviewers):

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails