C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Saturday, December 3, 2011

The Fire Island Ferry Story

Honk to Joe.My.God. for this reminiscence about funnyman Alan Sues, who died yesterday at age 85 - my God, has it really been that long since he was on Laugh-In? - and for the video of him telling this story, which made your Head Trucker spew his coffee all over the keyboard:
When I was a kid, three men on television hinted at the world I would one day enter. Dr. Smith (Lost In Space), Uncle Arthur (Bewitched), and Alan Sues. All of them were silly sniggering clowns, but that's how Hollywood used to do it. Some would say nothing has changed on that front, but I fondly recall all three.




Rest in peace, Alan.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails