C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Friday, May 5, 2023

The Coronation in Focus: Anointing, Crowning, Enthroning

A final sequence of excellent videos by Dr. Allan Barton on the most solemn and significant parts of the coronation service. 



 

A reminder: the coronation service begins at 11 a.m. tomorrow (6 a.m. New York time, 5 a.m. Texas time) in Westminster Abbey. I will post a live feed in the Blue Truck, but of course you can find several of those from different broadcasters on YouTube.

The Order of Service can be downloaded from the Church of England website here.


Bonus:  In case you are wondering, here is a list of all British sovereigns since the last time we had a king to acclaim here in what became the United States, together with the dates of their reigns.

George III        1760 - 1820, succeeded by his son,
George IV        1820 - 1830, succeeded by his brother,
William IV       1830 - 1837, succeeded by his niece,
Victoria            1837 - 1901, succeeded by her son,
Edward VII      1901 - 1910, succeeded by his son,
George V         1910 - 1936, succeeded by his son,
Edward VIII    1936 (abdicated), succeeded by his brother,
George VI       1936 - 1952, succeeded by his daughter,
Elizabeth II     1952 - 2022, succeeded by her son,
Charles III       Whom God preserve.

For more details, see the family tree of the British royal family.

-----

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails