C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Wednesday, May 3, 2023

King Charles III: The Monarch and the Man

After the death of the Queen last September, British TV network ITV presented this documentary about King Charles III, written and presented by distinguished newsman Jonathan Dimbleby.

 

Your Head Trucker remembers watching the live TV coverage of Charles's investiture as Prince of Wales in 1969, and has admired the development of his mind and character ever since. Highly intelligent, deeply spiritual, compassionate, and confident about human progress, he is a very fine man who, as it seems to your Head Trucker, has been unmercifully crucified by the hysterical, hypocritical press all his adult life. 

How he is able to rise above it and remain cheerful and steadfast in his duty to the nation is more than I can understand.   He has prepared all his life for this day and will, I have no doubt, make a fine king, with much to offer the world.  I pray God bless, protect, and sustain him with long life and the love of his people.


Bonus:  In this 2011 BBC film, British gardener and broadcaster Alan Titchmarsh is given a tour of Highgrove House gardens by the then-Prince of Wales, who was mocked unmercifully in the press for being an environmentalist long before it was cool.  

Which only goes to show how wrong, dead wrong, popular opinion can be - and frequently has been, about many things.


-----

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails