C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Millions Flee Obamacare


As everyone knows, Obamacare starts open enrollment today, and House Assholes Republicans were unable to force its postponement in last-minute voting overnight. Consequently, the Interstates are jammed all across America today as tearful, angry, bewildered Tea Partiers desperately seek an escape route. Staff humorist Andy Borowitz reports on the wild scenes playing out across the country in the New Yorker - a must read:



Meanwhile, all you liberal sheeple, as we are so graciously known by the demented lemmings on the Right, can go enroll in a low-cost health care plan at HealthCare.gov right now - no matter where you live in the country. Even if your state has officially rejected Obamacare and all that goes with it, you can still get coverage. Even if, like me, you live in Bumfuck, Texas.

Horrifying, isn't it?






Related news: In his inimitable way, Jon Stuart skewers and roasts the intransigent Republicans who have now forced the federal government to shut down, with about a million employees out of work immediately, with no pay, and at a cost to the economy of billions of dollars in suspended government services.

I can't get the episode to embed properly, but go watch it here.

I say kudos to the President and the Democratic leadership for having the balls to stand up to the sorry bastards. We saw in the debt-ceiling crisis of 2011 that playing Mr. Nice Guy just doesn't work with these thugs. The one-year Obamacare delay is just a ruse - they will keep postponing every year from now till Kingdom Come if they get away with it this time.

Oh but don't worry - all your Congresspeeps continue to get paid their $174,000 annual salaries right on schedule, of course. And enjoy full coverage of their platinum-plated government-sponsored health care plans - totally free of charge.

What's wrong with this fucking picture?




6 comments:

Stan said...

I'm on Medicare but I need supplemental insurance as Medicare only covers 80%.
I hope these web sites are a lot clearer to understand as most insurance coverage is complicated and makes your head spin.
Lets hope this all leads to universal, single payer health care eventually down the road.

Russ Manley said...

I hope so too, Stan. Obamacare still needs more work to be what it should be - but at least it's a start.

I was browsing through the healthcare.gov site this morning, and it all sounds pretty comprehensive and affordable. You should investigate how it will coordinate with Medicare, I hope it will relieve some of the burden there too - I remember that 20% gap when I was taking care of my mother in her old age, and the supplemental insurance was very costly.

Davis said...

Like Stan I am beyond the ACA, but for my partner I Googled "Affordable Care Act" and it took me some time to find the link for Healthcare.gov. Seems a bit odd doesn't it ?!

They are so afraid it might actually work...

Russ Manley said...

Yes, and that people will like it! And they will.

JCF said...

I'm insured, but it's costing my family an arm&leg. When the opening days' rush has died down a bit, will be checking out CoveredCalifornia (because I don't live in Bumfuck, Texas ;-/), hoping I can get a better deal.

Russ Manley said...

I hope you can, JCF. Some months ago I saw some preliminary figures from California, and the premiums looked very decent.

Related Posts with Thumbnails