C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Marriage News Watch, 10/14/13

Matt Baume of the American Foundation for Equal Rights reports:




And here's some late news that Matt didn't get to:  a North Carolina county clerk is planning to issue, but not sign, marriage licenses to six gay couples tomorrow.  The N. C. attorney general has come out in favor of marriage equality, but says that won't stop him from vigorously defending North Carolina law against it. 

Also noteworthy: Freedom to Marry is tracking marriage-equality litigation that is now underway in - can you believe this? - 16 states. Read all about it here.

And just to refresh your memory, here's where things stand at the moment - keep in mind that Hawaii, Illinois, New Jersey, New Mexico, and Pennsylvania could all be equal-marriage states by Christmas, if things go our way in the courts and legislatures - Michigan too, maybe this week:

Click to enlarge.

And finally - Olympic gold-medal diver Greg Louganis, 53, married his partner, Johnny Chaillot, 52, on Saturday in a sunset wedding in Malibu, California. Here's a great pic of the handsome couple:


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails