C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Monday, December 19, 2011

How Music Was Made

Circa 1940. OMG I had no idea - I mean, I knew records started with a master disc from which copies were pressed . . . but all those acids and chemicals and metals and intricate hand labor . . . wow. Could Americans make anything today that required this much work, I wonder?

Take a gander at this little film, boys, and you'll be amazed too, I think.  For several reasons.

3 comments:

Davis said...

Fascinating

Frank said...

Yes fascinating...especially in view of the fact that you can now download an entire album in seconds, transfer it to a flash drive and play it in your car ... within minutes.

Russ Manley said...

Yup . . . and one day it struck me, I have bought songs online, but there is no "thing" that contains them . . . they have no physical existence, like a record, that I can touch anymore. Now that was a very strange realization.

Related Posts with Thumbnails