C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Tired Old Queen at the Movies: Random Harvest


Steve Hayes reviews the 1942 classic:
Greer Garson and Ronald Coleman tug at your heartstrings in Mervyn LeRoy's adaptation of James Hilton's classic wartime love story, RANDOM HARVEST. Colman plays Smithy, a war casualty suffering from amnesia, who is taken in and falls in love with a lovely actress (Garson). They marry, have a child, and then through an accident, he regains his former memory and identity and forgets Garson completely. Can she get him to recall their love and come back to her? Filled with MGM glamour, a top-flight cast, including Oscar nominated Susan Peters as Coleman's other love interest, and the sweet melancholy that was found in Hilton stories, from Lost Horizon to Goodbye, Mr. Chips, RANDOM HARVEST is a four-hankie classic that's perfect to snuggle up with on a wintry afternoon.




As other bloggers have said, Steve Hayes totally deserves his own cable show.  Meanwhile, catch more fabulous reviews from Steve at his YouTube channel.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails