C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Sunday, December 11, 2011

Sunday Drive: The Holly and the Ivy

It is a tradition in Anglican/Episcopal churches to have a Service of Lessons and Carols about this time of year, and the famous choir of King's College, Cambridge, is world-renowned for their beautiful sounds. 

On a personal note, this song reminds me of my late husband, who was, albeit stuck in a tiny Texas town, a really world-class organist; he played every Sunday at the Methodist church there, and just as beautifully as you hear in this piece.  "The Holly and the Ivy" was a favorite of his, which he often played in his annual Christmas concert.  Enjoy.

2 comments:

Beartoast said...

We Episcopalians are an odd lot. But we sure do have fun!

Russ Manley said...

Oh definitely. And you know what they say - wherever you see four Episcopalians, there's sure to be a fifth.

Grin.

Related Posts with Thumbnails