C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Friday, May 28, 2010

In Memoriam: Art Linkletter

The legendary Art Linkletter has died at the age of 97, after a long life starting from surprising origins.  I used to love watching his House Party show in the afternoons when I was a kid.  Among his other talents, he had a real knack for making people laugh - and who will deny that that is one of the greatest gifts of all?  And never a vulgar or suggestive word needed, either.

I think Art would want us to remember him with fond laughter.  Here are some clips guaranteed to make you laugh out loud, introduced by Bill Cosby:



Art is survived by his wife of 75 years, Lois.  Amazing.  See my truckbuddy M. Pierre's blog for a great picture of the two.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails