C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Tuesday, August 20, 2024

DNC Day 1 Highlights

See Politifacts for fact-checking of statements made by Biden and others
at last night's convention.

The Democratic National Convention in Chicago got off to a rockin' start with speeches by Democratic notables, including Hillary Clinton and First Lady Jill Biden, a tribute to civil rights activist Jesse Jackson, a surprise appearance by Vice President Kamala Harris, and a real give-em-hell speech by President Biden, which ended with a four-minute standing ovation from the audience.  PBS gives a quick look at the highlights of the evening:


CBS's Face the Nation gives a longer summary with more excerpts from many speakers:


Tonight's speakers will include former President Barack Obama and Michelle Obama, second gentleman Dough Emhoff, and Senator Bernie Sanders of Vermont.

-----

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails