C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Thursday, April 15, 2010

Tired Old Queen at the Movies: Torch Song

Steve Hayes gives us the lowdown on Joan Crawford's 1953 campfest musical - and on Miss No-Wire-Hangers herself:



Just for fun, here's the original trailer:



I have to wonder, did straight guys ever find this persona to be sexy?  Dramatic, sure, and nice legs - but who would ever actually want to sleep with a gal who acted this way?  A two-by-four would be softer and sweeter.

3 comments:

dave said...

I have actually seen this movie...

I can definitely think of more things to do with a 2x4

Rick said...

Is that her singing? She reminds me of my sister-in-law.
I can remember visiting my brother here in Houston in the early 80's I think. The Alley theater was showing movies this summer. I saw The Women and when Joan Crawford came on screen there was all this "hissing" in the audience. I didn't have a clue.

Rick said...

As always I never watch a review before I go to the movies. If I had in this case I would know she wasn't singing. Interesting. Thanks for sharing.

Related Posts with Thumbnails