C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Saturday, March 6, 2010

Some Days


Some days I feel like my proper self:  noble, proud, and good.

Some days I am the lion in winter, solitary and strong.

Some days I am the tiger of the Lord, leaping to defend the right.

Some days I bear the avenging sword against callousness and cruelty.

Some days I am a warrior, quick to right a wrong and speak the truth.

Some days I need no help from anyone and bear my burden lightly.

Some days I just don't have the heart to try.

Some days I cannot bear to look beyond my own front door.

Some days I want to stay in bed and curl up there a long, long while.

Some days my heart is drained and empty, like a crumpled paper cup.

Some days I feel so horny I would take the first thing in pants.

Some days I feel so lonely I would kiss a stranger's hand for just a smile.

Some days the one makes the other that much worse:  and vice versa.

Some days I want to be some other man, almost anyone would do.

Some days I am ashamed of being so unmanned:

Ashamed of naked need and empty depths, and of wanting to be loved.

Some days I do not believe in possibility.  Or spring.  Or love.

Some days are best endured without thinking any thoughts.

Without feeling much at all.  If you can manage that.

Which some days I simply can't.

Do you know what I mean?



8 comments:

Ultra Dave said...

Yep, I can relate...Very nice post...love the pic!!

Russ Manley said...

Really? Thanks bud.

Gary said...

Yeah, I hear ya Russ.

Actually, for some unknown reason, this past week has been a difficult one for me, too. I start thinking and worrying too much about stuff over which I have little or no control, and it gets kind of overwhelming at times. Then, I make the mistake of over-analyzing the whole shittin' mess.

I guess one good thing is that, sooner or later, there is usually a light at the end of the tunnel. We just have to hope to god it's not a freight train!

Take care of yourself, buddy, and keep an eye out for that light.

Russ Manley said...

I will bud . . . though at this point I kinda feel like the coyote in the cartoon. Them freight trains are rough on a guy, ya know?

Appreciate ya man, you hang in there too.

Mareczku said...

That was excellent, Russ. I feel somewhat wiped out today. Sending you a hug.

Russ Manley said...

Thanks, back at ya Mark.

Frank said...

Sorry I missed this post earlier. Had some downer time before going away. The long winter and financial worries conspire with approaching birthday and thoughts of growing old...but getting away to warm climates has helped. These things come and go...you just gotta ride the waves, I guess. Hang in there.

Russ Manley said...

I will buddy, thanks. Riding the waves, up and down, that's life - good metaphor.

But of course spring and possibilities do come along anyway - even if you don't believe in them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails