C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Another Year, Another Spring


What's left of the vegetable garden that the ex-roommate and I planted last year.  Tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, bell peppers, squash, and okra, a bedroom-size plot and a white picket fence - it was a lovely hope.  But all it ever produced was a single handful of stunted tomatoes, not enough to feed two people. 

Sometimes despite all your tender care, and plenty of sun and water and good soil - things just won't grow, or they wither on the vine.  No good reason - they just do.  So you let it all go back to grass, and move on.

2 comments:

David said...

I come from a family of good gardeners and all I've ever wanted was to grow some decent tomatoes. It's never happened. The one year my plants stayed healthy the damn squirrels ate half of every fruit they produced.

TomS said...

Russ, you are a gardener of ideas, cultivating enough to feed many hungry minds.

Hope you are well...I'm going to catch up on some of your recent posts...

Related Posts with Thumbnails