C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Thursday, March 11, 2010

Note to Readers

Been having some trouble with the Blue Truck the last 24 hours or so, weird error messages and things freezing up, which is why I've deleted nearly all the HTML/Java scripts on this blog, including the LinkWithin feature.  Now, at 3 a.m., everything seems to be running smooth, but I don't know if I fixed the problem or not, and I got other things like my real job, etc., that demand my attention right now.

So just wanted to let you fellas know, if I don't blog for a couple days it's because I had to take the engine apart and got all the parts spread out on the shop floor.  I'd appreciate it if any of you guys would let me know about any particular difficulty you may be having getting the blog to open up.  My email address is on my profile.  Thanks guys.

11 comments:

Ultra Dave said...

It seems a bit better. Still had a temp freeze just now when I got here, but not as long as it has been. :)

Jason Hughes said...

Seemed fine to me when I got here this morning... I use FireFox, and I know sometimes the browser used can make a world of difference for different users, so if that helps at all...

Russ Manley said...

Thanks for telling me, guys.

Stan said...

Well whatever you did Russ THANKS! The blog loads SO MUCH FASTER now. It used to take forever to load but today the difference is amazing. I just may come here more often now too!
Some guys have so much crap on their blogs that it's a shame because I just give up after a while. Sometimes less is good.

red-hot-chilli said...

As I told you before, Russ: I never had any trouble at all! It works for me now as it did before!

Frank said...

Russ,
Never had trouble accessing your blog, so it still looks good. On the flip side however I have lately noticed that every time I compose a new post on my blog, the thing seems to work differently - little quirks, font changes, positions of pics needs to be changed, spacing is erratic, etc. I wonder if the trouble is with Blogger?

Russ Manley said...

Stan, Martin, Frank, thanks guys. I hate blogs that are slow loading too. And I do wonder if some of it isn't Blogger, like Frank said.

On the other hand, it's amazing that some folks report no problems . . . but I'm going to be cautious about adding stuff back in now, y'all let me know if it gets real slow again, okay?

dave said...

Just glad you're still here...

Russ Manley said...

mmm, come a little closer and say that again Dave . . . . Grin.

Gary said...

I froze up a couple of times after you posted the article that had text appear when mousing over the pics. Maybe it was on the DC marriage article? Can't remember for sure.

Anyway, whatever you did improved things a lot. Loads faster, looks good. Nice work.

Russ Manley said...

Yeah it was the DC article with three pics I grabbed from picapp.com. Don't think I've ever used more than one of their pics at a time before, so maybe that was it. Thanks for the feedback bud.

Related Posts with Thumbnails