C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Monday, March 22, 2010

Rube Goldberg Would Be Proud


The L.A. Times explains the nuts and bolts of healthcare reform and how it will affect you.  As I said in my last post, it's a mishmash of provisions no ordinary person would ever dream up, and few ordinary persons can see any sense to.  If you are poor or unemployed, and single - you are still screwed under this plan, basically, as I see it.

Sigh.  But as I also said - after a century of trying, it's a start.


Honk to Inverse Square for the illustration.


Update:  President Obama's remarks last night after the House vote:




Bonus:  Charts from the LAT and the NYT show how the plan will affect you.

4 comments:

Doorman-Priest said...

I couldn't find the bits about baby killing.

Russ Manley said...

Um, that part's probably printed with invisible ink.

Frank said...

It is a start. A far cry from ideal and definitely not an exercise in simplicity. But I'm glad for Obama that it passed because a defeat would have been worse than the half-assed health care bill.

dave said...

They have a hell of a lot of work to do to make this work. I'm cautiously hopeful.

Then again, it's Washington... but it's the only government we have.

Related Posts with Thumbnails