C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Sunday, March 28, 2010

My Garden

So yesterday I got outside on my knees in the dirt, and dug and planted and cursed at the weeds and old roots that kept getting in my way.  Okay, okay, I admit it don't look like anything to write home about, even after spending fifty bucks on the flowers.  But it's the best this old garden-ignorant shitkicker could do. 

Still, it adds a little cheerful color to the place, and that helps my feelings.  Here, take a look:

9 comments:

dave said...

Hey, looks great - welcome springtime. Hope.

David said...

Looks really good Russ! Flowers make everything better, and planting them is therapeutic, for me at least.

Mareczku said...

Thanks for the beautiful pictures, Russ. Spring is here. God bless you this Palm Sunday.

Frank said...

"Closer to God in a garden than anywhere else on earth."

Russ Manley said...

Amen Frank, and thanks guys.

Ultra Dave said...

They look wonderful Russ! Good Job!

Russ Manley said...

Thanks Dave. I hope to do more as time allows.

Gary said...

Working and being in the garden has always been very good for my soul. Nice pics. Looks like spring is shaping up nicely around your place, Russ.

Russ Manley said...

It may be good for the soul, but not always good for my temper when I hit some damn big root in just the wrong place. Grin.

And oh my aching back! But maybe the results will be worth it . . . .

Related Posts with Thumbnails