C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Thursday, June 18, 2009

More Reax

The CBS news station in San Francisco has a great report on the gay community's reaction to the President's betrayal of their trust.

Stampp Corbin, chair of Obama's LGBT Leadership Council during the campaign says "the DOMA brief has ruined everything" and the President's callous actions have "awakened a sleeping giant."

Americablog reports that seven of the LGBT "superstar" attendees used to promote the DNC fundraiser next week have now pulled out, along with the board of the Stonewall Democrats (the gay wing of the Democratic Party).

Americablog also reports that the reason you didn't see Rep. Jared Polis at yesterday's signing ceremony is that he had a baseball game to go to. Which is a polite excuse, of course, for the fact that he boycotted the President's little show.

The New York Times has a good story on the "Outcry on Federal Same-Sex Benefits."

Under the title "Gay Tsunami Slams Obama," Rex Wockner has a long post of pictures and quotes from LGBT leaders about "the straw that broke the camel's back and unleashed a flood of harsh criticism from gay VIPs."

Your Head Trucker especially liked this quote:
"The President is in serious danger of motivating a huge mass of gay people to stream into Washington for the simple joy of standing in front of the White House and giving him a piece of their minds," wrote syndicated gay columnist Wayne Besen.

"For what seemed like forever, Democrats told us that when the big bad Republicans went away, our lives would improve," Besen said. "Well, the Republican nightmare is over, so why do I still feel like I'm in the middle of a political Friday the 13th movie? ... As far as I'm concerned, if the donkeys can't deliver now, they can kiss my ass."
Seems more like Groundhog Day to me - you keep waking up to find it's the same damn day, over and over and over.

But that's got to stop. Now.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails