C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Thursday, January 26, 2023

R. I. P.: Gina Lollobrigida


I've not had a chance until now to mention that famed Italian actress and photojournalist Gina Lollobrigida passed away on January 16th, aged 95.  Although she was one of the most beautiful women in the world and a Big Name when I was a kid, I don't remember seeing any of her movies. 

But a few years ago, M.P. and I discovered the delightful romcom Come September (1961), which features Gina and Rock Hudson at the peak of their gorgeousness.  Lovely Sandra Dee and Bobby Darrin are the junior leads, and the scenery on the Italian Riviera is superb.  If you haven't seen it, fellas, you certainly should - it's thoroughly entertaining from start to finish, and the ending is hilarious! 

Here's a couple of peeks for you:


 
-----

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails