C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Saturday, December 25, 2021

The Queen's Christmas Broadcast, 2021

Her Majesty the Queen broadcast her annual Christmas message to the nation and the Commonwealth today, and paid tribute to the memory of Prince Philip, who died this year on April 9th.  This is the first Christmas the Queen has spent without her beloved consort since they were married in 1947.  Nevertheless, her message was characteristically optimistic and encouraging.


-----

2 comments:

Tim said...

I know it’s against all protocol, but sometimes, don’t you just want to pick her up and give her a hug?

Russ Manley said...

I would never be so bold - but you do it if you want to.

I thought she was marvelous, as always, though it looks to me as if she has lost a bit of weight somehow.

Related Posts with Thumbnails