C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Sunday, August 21, 2011

Wedding Belles


Country singer Chely Wright, who came out on the Today show last year, married her fiancee, Lauren Blitzer, in Connecticut yesterday.  All good wishes to the happy couple, who make their home in New York City.

The Miami Herald reports:
Wright has said being openly gay would likely hurt her career. She told the Los Angeles Times homosexuality is still taboo in the country music industry.

“They would rather you were a drug addict than be gay,” she told the newspaper. “They will forgive you if you beat your wife, lose your kids to the state, get six divorces, make a sex tape, get labeled as a tramp — any and all of it is better than being gay."


2 comments:

Stan said...

Best wishes. I wonder why they didn't tie the knot in NY?

Russ Manley said...

It was held at Blitzer's aunt's house in CT. And from what I read, they planned the wedding back in the spring before the NY law was passed.

Related Posts with Thumbnails