C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Saturday, August 20, 2011

See the USA in Your Chevrolet

The beginning of the tune is familiar to us ol' boys of a certain age, but do you know the next line of it?  Can you sing a whole stanza? 

I thought not.  Well, here's Miss Dinah Shore to give you the complete lyrics in her lovely way from 1952:



Dinah was the face of Chevrolet to TV viewers for years. Here's another Chevy commercial she did a few years later, with a less-memorable song but some cool shots of a '59 Impala:



And I can't help remembering the famous Hertz jingle too, with the magical ending:




2 comments:

Stan said...

My Dad was a Chevy guy up until 1975 when the Old Man switched to Ford with the new Ford Granada. Been with Fords ever since.

Russ Manley said...

My dad had a red-and-white '56 Ford when I was a tyke, and then an old blue-black Ford pickup that was great fun to ride around in the back of. But he had a strange yen for '57-'58 Desotos, which he had two in a row of, with the giant tail fins. And loved them so much he stayed with that till 1970. I used to cringe - silly kid - when he would take me to school in it, it was sooo out of date I thought.

My mom was always a GM gal, Buicks and Cadillacs mostly, I guess I took after her, though in the more proletarian Chevys. I've had 4 of them, never owned another brand.

Related Posts with Thumbnails