C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Thursday, November 4, 2010

Tired Old Queen at the Movies: Green for Danger




Steve Hayes investigates this British mystery flick from 1946:
Who-dunnit? That's the big question when a murderer works his way through a make shift hospital outside of London during the blitz in Launder & Gilliat's Green For Danger (1946). Trevor Howard, Alistair Sym and Sally Gray head a cast of top-flight British actors in this adaptation of the famous medical thriller by Christianna Brand. The plot is intricate, the dialogue amusing, the acting brilliant and the dénouement a complete surprise. In a genre that rarely comes off on screen, "Green For Danger" remains a mystery that truly is, until the very end.
Green for Danger - (The Criterion Collection) is available via the Blue Truck from Amazon.com.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails