C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Tuesday, March 16, 2010

The Trans Thing

Joe.My.God. has posted this anti-trans video by MassResistance, a hate group in Massachusetts:



Which seems to fall awfully far short of its target to me.  First of all because, despite the scare captions throughout the video, it's obvious there is no mass panic in the restrooms of the hotel, nobody screaming or running for their lives, and even the cleaning lady is going about her routine in a perfunctory way as if it was all just business as usual.

Second, looks like a very mild party to me.  I would say dull even, but maybe it's one of those things you just had to be there.

By way of contrast, here's a very nice informative video by GLAD that ought to put any sensible person's mind at rest:

 

Now I will say I think the whole restroom thing needs to be thought out and discussed a little further.  I can't imagine guys who wear dresses are going to the ladies' room to rape anybody; but still, we all need as a society to reach a comfort level about this issue.  And problem is, people just don't know enough about trans people to feel comfortable with the whole thing yet.  We need more educational videos like the GLAD one.

Way too many people still don't understand the whole gay thing, let alone the trans thing, ya know.  And I have to say, it pisses me and lots of other gay guys off big time that people are still thinking, even at this late date, that all gay men love to wear dresses and makeup and big hair and bling.

Now I don't know what all you big city boys are doing, maybe you're all out in drag every weekend, but just for the record let me be clear on this point:  I do not want to wear a fucking dress.  Ever.

And wouldn't I look ridiculous if I did?

4 comments:

Frank said...

What's the issue with tall women? As far as using the restroom goes, there should be no big deal if you're in a stall, what's the difference? There are lots of unisex restrooms in Europe. We are so prudish in the country. I've attended LGBT conferences where the restrooms were open to all. No big deal. Personally, I like one hole-ers anyway.

Russ Manley said...

One day somebody's going to try to stop one of our, um, plus-sized Texas gals from using the bathroom, and then all hell's gonna break loose . . . .

All of my girl cousins but one are taller than me, and I'm six foot in boots! And they can all knock the shit out of you if you cross 'em.

Mareczku said...

The second clip was very thoughtful. I thought that it was transvestites that loved to wear dresses, makeup, big hair and bling. And OMG, Russ, you in a dress. That is something that I don't even want to imagine. I like pretty women in dresses but guys not so much. I prefer guys as shown in some of your pictures here.

Russ Manley said...

Nope, just wouldnt work, me in a dress bud, I'll leave all that to RuPaul . . . who actually is quite a studly guy when out of drag.

Related Posts with Thumbnails