C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Sunday, March 28, 2010

Sunday Drive: I Know That My Redeemer Liveth


He hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.

He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.

Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.

But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.



A favorite aria of your Head Trucker's, appropriate at this season.

6 comments:

dave said...

A very great piece sung by a wonderful voice. Do you know her "Blues" album? - she was amazing...

Russ Manley said...

Never heard of her before I found this clip, but a fantastic voice, certainly.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Head Trucker, you brought back some wonderful memories of my early adolescence with that recording of Eileen Farrell, Ormandy & The Philadelphia Orchestra. With the Mormon Tabernacle Choir in all their massed glory, it was a wonderfully lush recording of the Messiah, not particularly ‘authentic’ by today’s standard, but one of the first I had ever heard. Thanks for that gift on this Monday in Holy Week. After the exhausting task of reading Luke’s Passion Narrative twice yesterday, it was a refreshing moment. Love your blog, from an old CoonAss from just across the Sabine River [reared in Lake Charles] now a Mississippian. Blessings on you.

dave said...

It's called "I Have a Right to Sing the Blues" and I promise one of the best blues performances of all time - no kidding - from this diva.

Quite the gal and for all the high falutin' sounds of her operatic performances - she married a motorcycle cop...

Really - find the recording.

Russ Manley said...

Back at ya Craig. That must have been a great recording, wonder if it is still available anywhere. My mom had an LP of Ormandy and the PH doing Strauss waltzes that I discovered when I was about 10 and played the wires off of it for years afterwards.

I had a great summer romance once with a Cajun from Lake Charles. Come back and ride in the Blue Truck anytime.

Russ Manley said...

Thanks mucho Dave, I will indeed look for that.

Related Posts with Thumbnails