C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Monday, April 20, 2009

Aye, aye, Captain!

Capt. Richard Phillips resuced by U.S. Navy
Is it just me, or does anyone else think the brave Capt. Richard Phillips, now safely back home in Vermont after being rescued from his pirate kidnappers last week, would make a great addition to the Bear community?

Um, that is, if he weren't obviously straight as a board. Pity. Still, nice to see someone about my age and about my gray looking so good on the front pages all across the nation.

Actually, proud as I am of the Captain's efforts to ensure the safety of his crew, and his safe return home thanks to the U.S. Navy, this post is really an excuse to try out the new PicApp.com photo resource I just found. You other bloggers, take note: it lets you use stock photos on all kinds of current events and other subjects, and it's totally free. Pretty cool, check it out.

8 comments:

Ray's Cowboy said...

he is very nice looking Russ. yes he would be great in the community.
But I still thin you are HOTTER and would not mind seeing more pictures of you.
Would also would not mind a chance meeting either.
Ray

Doorman-Priest said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Doorman-Priest said...

I think you may have scored there Russ!

"Straight as a board."

How can you tell?

Aaron said...

haha yes russ he would have! cool post love your blog!

http://flgaydad.today.com/

David said...

I think he's incredibly handsome. I'm with Ray though, more pics of you!

Russ Manley said...

To answer DP's question: well, there's the wife, the kids, the dogs, the mother-in-law, even a real white picket fence - you know, all that hetero lifestyle stuff they love to flaunt in our faces and ram down our throats.

Of course, I can't prove a negative, but think in the absence of evidence to the contrary, we just have to assume he's one of Them.

Dang.

Russ Manley said...

Aaron - thanks bud, glad you stopped by.

Doorman-Priest said...

I'll go with the white picket fence!

Related Posts with Thumbnails