C I V I L    M A R R I A G E    I S    A    C I V I L    R I G H T.

A N D N O W I T ' S T H E L A W O F T H E L A N D.


Friday, December 12, 2008

Right Wing Ruckus over the Gays

The right wing has its knickers all in a knot this week over them awful gays. So what else is new? Jeezus, don't those people ever think about anything else? Keith Olbermann has the definitive report:


As HRC reports, first it was rock 'n' roll oldtimer Pat Boone scratching a hate letter in the mud with these comments:

...there is a real, unbroken line between the jihadist savagery in Mumbai and the hedonistic, irresponsible, blindly selfish goals and tactics of our homegrown sexual jihadists.

Hmm. Now just what would a sexual jihad look like, I wonder? What a maroon.

Next, after that inspirational note the right wing is deluging Newsweek with fire-and-brimstone letters over their great cover story this week on "The Religious Case for Gay Marriage," which exposes the illogic of upholding so-called "Biblical standards of marriage," when in point of fact marriage in Biblical times is something nobody wants to go back to. Bravo, Newsweek!

Here's a link to hear the mag's religion editor, Lisa Miller, talking with HRC's Joe Solmonese about the bombardment of rightwing hate mail over the story:

http://link.brightcove.com/services/link/bcpid4576406001/bctid4653963001

Go check out the stories at the HRC site, send an email, make a donation. God will love you for it.

2 comments:

larry said...

i put pat boone right up there with anita bryant. homophobes all.

larry said...

and i would add donald wildmon...

Related Posts with Thumbnails